Windsor Aircraft Injury Lawyer
Aircraft are often not considered as a type of transportation where an individual can become the victim of an unexpected injury.
Unfortunately, incorrectly stowed baggage, negligent passengers and other factors can result in significant injury and property damage.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in an aircraft accident, the victim or their families may be eligible to receive compensation for any damages and / or losses that may have been incurred.
Types of Aircraft
In an effort to meet both commercial and private airline industry demands, aircraft engineers have created a variety of planes to cater to many of the specific requirements of these industries.
Some of the most common include:
- Executive transporters
- Very light jets Cessna Mustang / Eclipse Aviation / Spectrum Aeronautical
- Light jets Cessna Citation / Bombardier Learjet / Hawker Beechcraft
- Mid-size jets Cessna Citation Sovereign / Dassault Falcon 20 / Gulfstream 150
- Super mid-size jets Bombardier Challenger / Embraer Legacy 600
- Large-cabin jets Bombardier Global 7000 / Gulfstream Aerospace G650
- Heavy jets Airbus A318 / Embraer Lineage 1000 / Sukhoi Business Jet
- Passenger transporters
- Airbus A320 and A380 / Boeing 747 and 777 / Bombardier CRJ200 / Embraer E-Jets
- Cargo carriers
- Airbus Beluga / Antonov An-225 / Boeing C-17A and 747 Dreamlifter / Lockheed Galaxy C-5
- Rotor powered
- Aerocopter / Aerotecnica / Bell-Augusta / Boeing Helicopters / Canadian Home Rotors / Eurocopter
- DG Flugzeugbau DG-1000 / Schleicher ASH 25 / Schlempp-Hirth Janus C / Swiss S-1
Its important to note that despite comprehensive airworthiness and licensing guidelines being regulated by Transport Canada, there can still be room for error due to either incorrect decisions by the pilot or due to a defect within the aircraft itself.
Common Causes of Accidents
There are generally two primary categories that aircraft accident causes fall into errors that result in the total loss of the aircraft or mid-flight incidents that still enable the aircraft to land safely.
Some of these include:
- Bad weather
- Pilot error
- Aircraft design issues
- Incorrect storage or packing of hazardous cargoes
- Cabin depressurization
- Pilot intoxication
- Engine or hydraulic failures
- Slip, trip or falls
- Baggage falling from overhead bins
Due to the structural and physical pressures placed on an aircraft during the takeoff and landing cycles, these are the two most common times that an aircraft accident may occur.
Frequent Types of Injuries
As there are many different sources in an aircraft that can cause a personal injury, its important for passengers, flight staff and ground crews to be aware of their surroundings at all time.
Some of the most common injuries include (but are not limited to):
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
. Just to name a few.
As with any personal injury, its important to seek the services of a reputable, licensed medical practitioner to ensure that any injuries can be addressed appropriately.
Need Help? Contact Our Windsor Aircraft Injury Lawyer Today
At the law offices of Greg Monforton and Partners, we understand the trauma that many aircraft injury victims endure following an accident. With that in mind, our team of lawyers have the experience to guide our clients through the entire litigation process and the determination to fight for your MAXIMUM injury compensation.
Our head office is located in Windsor, Ontario and we proudly provide cost-effective legal counsel to injury victims throughout the region, including:
. And most of the areas that surround these cities.
To find out how we can help with your case or even to determine if you have grounds to file a lawsuit contact us today at (866) 320-4770. You call will be answered by a member of our intake team and after some initial questions about the nature of your inquiry, you will be quickly connected to one of our lawyers.
If you would prefer to start immediately, simply fill out the Free Case Evaluation form located at the top of this page its strictly confidential, 100% free and we will contact you shortly after receiving your message.
At the law offices of Greg Monforton & Partners, we're here to help. Ph: (866) 320-4770.