Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Laura worked as a summer student and completed her articles at Greg Monforton & Partners.
Laura was born and raised in Italy and moved to Windsor in 2009 to pursue post-secondary education. She received her law degree from the University of Windsor in 2018 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2019. In 2013 she graduated with distinction, receiving her Honours Bachelor Degree in Philosophy and Classical Studies from the University of Windsor. In 2015 she received her Master of Arts in Philosophy (also from the University of Windsor), authoring a research paper titled “Affirming Authenticity, Seeking Recognition. A Critical Account of Social and Personal Identity.”
Contact me at (866) 320-4770
- J.D., University of Windsor Faculty of Law, 2018
- M.A., University of Windsor Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, 2015
- B.A. (Hons.), University of Windsor Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, 2013
Memberships, Appointments & Associations
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Essex Law Association
- C.R.R.A.R. (Centre for Research in Reasoning, Argumentation & Rhetoric)’s Student Fellow for the Winter Semester 2014 at the University of Windsor.
- Master’s International Entrance Scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- J.T. Culliton Award in the Humanities (2013).
- Winner of the Junior National Latin Sight Translation Competition, awarded by the Classical Association of Canada (2013).
- Phyllis Shapiro Hurwitz Memorial Prize in Philosophy (2013).
- University of Windsor President’s Honour Roll and Dean’s List in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- University of Windsor’s Entrance Scholarship and W.I.S.E. Scholarship (2009-2010).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Law Society of Ontario, 2019
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice and Ontario Court of Appeal, 2019
Volunteer Experience & Community Involvement
- Volunteer Italian Translator and Interpreter at the Giovanni Caboto Club.
- Former Volunteer at the “Soup’s Kitchen” through Windsor’s Salvation Army (2014-2018).
- Former Director of Events for Rotaract Club of Windsor 1918 (2014-2015).
- Former Volunteer for the Golden Key International Honor Society (2011-2014).
- Organizer of the Tenth Annual Graduate Philosophy Conference “Essays of Significance” at the University of Windsor (2013-2014).
- Graduate Student Representative for the Philosophy Departmental Council at the University of Windsor (2013-2014).
- Student Representative for the PTR (Promotion, Tenure, Renewal) Committee for the Philosophy Department at the University of Windsor (2013-2014).
- Organizer of the Sixth Annual Undergraduate Philosophy Conference “Critical Reflections” at the University of Windsor (2011-2012).
- Volunteer researcher in the pilot-study “How do you argue? Let us count the ways” Based on the 2011 Ontario Provincial Election and in association with the University of Windsor’s C.R.R.A.R.