The time following a car accident can be hectic and confusing, especially if you are undergoing treatment for injuries sustained in the accident. Working with a skilled car accident lawyer will protect your best interests, helping you gain the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. This is just one of the many benefits to hiring a Windsor car accident lawyer.
To learn more about how the team at Greg Monforton & Partners can help with your cases, call us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our lawyers will:
1. Handle Insurance Company for You
When you file your claim for compensation with an insurer, you will have to communicate with an adjuster from the company. This person is not on your side – his or her interests are in saving the company money. He or she may try to:
- Deny your claim or devalue your injuries in attempts to pay you less
- Claim that you played a role in the accident’s occurrence
- Blame your injuries on pre-existing conditions or another incident
- Use what you say against you to limit your payment
When you hire a car accident lawyer, your lawyer will handle all communication with the insurer and its representatives. We will make sure your best interests are represented, which may increase the chances that you will receive a reasonable settlement.
2. Prove Negligence
To recover compensation for your injuries, the accident must have been caused by the other driver’s negligence – it is your burden to prove this. A skilled lawyer will do this by demonstrating that the elements of negligence occurred during your accident. These include:
- The at-fault driver had a duty to protect your safety.
- This duty was breached, and the at-fault driver did not fulfill his or her duty to you.
- Your injuries were caused by the at-fault driver’s breach of duty.
- You suffered financial damages due to your injuries.
3. Gather Evidence
To prove your accident was caused by another’s negligence, it will require significant evidence. A skilled car accident lawyer knows how to gather the evidence to support your injury claim. Evidence used in your case may include:
- Traffic camera surveillance of the accident
- Witness statements
- Accident reports created by responding law enforcement officers
- Medical records showing the extent of your injuries and that they were caused by the accident
4. Knowledge of the Laws That Apply to Your Case
Individuals who are not well-versed in the law may have a difficult time understanding the many rules and laws that apply to their case. This can include the traffic laws that the at-fault party violated when causing your accident, as well as the important deadlines for filing a lawsuit.
Your lawyer will have years of experience dealing with these laws and will advise you of those that apply to your case. We will also handle all of the details required for them.
5. Determine the Value of Your Claim
Valuing a car accident claim is difficult, as many aspects must be evaluated to determine a claim’s worth. A skilled lawyer will be able to accurately value your injury claim to help ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover the costs associated with your injury.
Several facts that will be considered when determining the value of your claim include:
- Medical costs associated with treatment of car accident injuries
- Wages lost because you had to take time off work because of the accident or because your injury currently prevents you from working
- Lost earnings that you will be unable to earn in the future due to your injuries
- Repair and replacement costs for property damaged in the accident, such as your vehicle
- The impact the accident and injuries have had on your life, causing pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other losses
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers Now
The Windsor car accident lawyers of Greg Monforton & Partners will work to prove your claim, communicating with insurers and gathering the evidence necessary to recover the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our seasoned car accident lawyers today. Learn the legal options available in your case and how we will assist you moving forward. We work on a contingency fee basis and will not charge for handling your case unless we recover compensation for you.