Next Thursday at 6 p.m., our Founder Greg Monforton will take part in a panel discussion titled "Engaging the Media in Your Client's Interests". The discussion is among lawyers and journalists and it is about press attention on legal cases.
The other presenters include:
- Tamara Khandaker – staff reporter from Vice News
- Kirk Makin – former justice reporter for The Globe & Mail
- Danielle Robitaille – from Henein Hutchison LLP
- Alexi Wood – from St. Lawrence Barristers LLP
The discussion will cover a variety of topics, such as:
- How to interest the media
- Managing unwanted attention from the media
- A lawyer's professional obligations when dealing with the media
- Best practices for handling media
- Talking to the media, including off-the-record contributions, scrums and not-for-attribution
The event is being presented by the Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE) and will be held at The Albany Club – Sir John A Room on 91 King Street East in Toronto, Ontario. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a reception.
Tickets are $175 apiece and this includes the program, along with:
- Catered canapes
- Drink ticket
- Free membership in the CJFE
You can RSVP for this event by emailing email@example.com. All proceeds from the event go to support the CJFE's mission, which is to defend free expression.