As part of our continued commitment to the greater community throughout southwestern Ontario, at the law offices of Greg Monforton & Partners, we are excited to offer the Greg Monforton Scholarship for Higher Education to eligible students attending a participating, Ontario Ministry of Education accredited high school.
Winners will be selected on the basis of several criteria, including academic leadership, achievement and a written essay.
One scholarship per participating school board, valued at $500.00 each
To be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada in full time enrolment at a participating high school
- be a maximum of 30 years of age at the start of the 2018-2019 academic year
- plan to attend an accredited Canadian or U.S. College/University as a full time student beginning in the academic year immediately following high school graduation
- submit a completed application form (an incomplete application will not be processed and that applicant will neither be notified nor asked to submit missing information)
- certify that all information provided on your application form and in all accompanying documents is true, accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge
- submit with your application form a pdf copy of your certified high school academic transcript for your entire high school career
- submit an 800 to 1,500 word essay on the topic detailed in the application form on this page. Your essays must be in a .PDF format, with the file name as: lastname_firstname_gmp.pdf
How To Apply
Please complete the 2018 Scholarship Application Form located on this page.
Deadline For Applications
May 31st, 2018
Terms & Conditions
Greg Monforton Scholarship for Higher Education is open to all eligible students in the Province of Ontario attending a participating high school.
For the fall semester, all scholarship funds are to be dispersed to the selected applicant(s) by the end of August.
The scholarship winner is determined solely by the selection committee at the law offices of Greg Monforton & Partners. The decision of that committee is final.
All information provided will be used for the sole purpose of determining the most eligible applicant for the scholarship. The information will be deleted after the selection period. Any information provided will NOT be given, transferred or sold to any third parties.
Information MAY be used for public relations purposes but only with the consent of the winning applicant.
The selection process used by the scholarship selection committee is in no way influenced by race, gender, sexual preference, nation of origin or any other criteria with the exception of the recipient meeting the specified application criteria and the evaluation of the essay that is provided by the applicant with their application.