Windsor Premises Liability Lawyers
Have you or someone that you love been injured while on the property of another individual or organization?
The Windsor premises liability lawyers at Greg Monforton and Partners defend the rights of injury victims who have suffered because of another's negligence. We believe Canadian citizens should expect minimum safety standards to be met in both public and private settings. If a property owners negligence has caused you to sustain an injury, our lawyers may be able to help you pursue compensation and justice.
Duties of Property Holders
Even though any number of accidents can happen on someone elses property, not all instances will qualify for a claim under premises liability law. There are three types of individuals that may be present on a property, and the category a victim falls under will affect the basis of a claim.
The 3 categories of property visitors are:
- An individual who has entered the property with express permission of the land owner or primary occupant when the intent of such invitation is that the owner/occupant will glean commercial benefit
- Owner or occupant is responsible for making invitees aware of any potentially dangerous areas and protecting areas that may cause injury to an invitee
- Example. a customer visits a department store and is directed away from a spill by a wet floor sign
- An individual who has entered the property with express permission of the land owner or occupant when it is not for any commercial or business purpose
- Owner or occupant is responsible for notifying licensees of any potential danger or simply keeping the licensee away from hazards
- Example. a friend visits an individuals home and is told not to grab a faulty banister while using the stairs
- An individual who entered the property without permission
- Owner or occupier has no obligation to alert trespassers to any hazards
- Example. a burglar approaches a home and trips on a loose paving stone, stumbling into a slip and fall accident
The type of property visitor you are at the time of the event and the measures taken by those responsible for the property, can affect the validity of a liability claim. There are many common personal injury claims that fall under this type of law.
Typical Premises Liability Claims
Whether shopping in a grocery store, riding a bicycle on a sidewalk or taking a stroll in someones yard, an injury that may have been prevented by the person who is responsible for the property could be grounds for the victim to take legal action.
Some hazards and circumstances that may lead to a premises liability case include:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Falling or crumbling ceilings
- Elevator or escalator failure
- Hazardous or unsafe walkways
- Unsafe construction zones
- Exposure to poisons or hazardous substances
- Insufficient security
- Unsafe structures
- Snow and ice
- Poor maintenance of commercial property
- Amusement park ride failures
For a claim to be valid under premises liability law, the defendant must meet these 2 conditions:
- Own or be responsible for property maintenance
- Acted negligently or wrongfully, leading to the injury
Because of the requirements for establishing a claim and a history of false claims being brought against innocent landowners, proving one has a claim and pursuing compensation requires the expertise of a seasoned lawyer.
How our Windsor Premises Liability Lawyers Can Help
When you hire Greg Monforton and Partners, you will have the resources and experience of our legal team on your side. We will examine the circumstances pertaining to your accident and investigate whether there is a history of negligence at the same property or on the part of the property owner.
For more than 3 decades, our law firm has been representing injury clients who have been the victim of another's negligence. We stand behind our courtroom strategies and successful track record, and offer dedication, support and guidance to our clients.
Discover if You Have a Premises Liability Claim
If you or someone you know was wrongfully injured on another's property, our Windsor premises liability lawyers are here to help.
Greg Monforton and Partners is handling legal claims on behalf of Canadians who have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a property owner or occupant. We do not represent corporations or large firms we only work for individuals like you.
We are proud to represent our fellow Canadians through our office in Windsor, and accept clients in the following communities:
- Mt Brydges
and cities and towns throughout Ontario.
If you are seeking justice, call our firm today at (866) 320-4770. One of the professionals on our intake team will conduct a pre-interview with you before connecting you to an lawyer with experience in cases like yours.
Get started now by filling out our Free Case Evaluation form at the top of this page. Its always 100% free and confidential.
Premises liability claim? Contact us today toll free at (866) 320-4770.