The Windsor Police, backed by the Windsor Bicycling Committee, is conducting a bicycle safety campaign that will run through July 19. The campaign targets drivers and cyclists. The goal of the campaign is to encourage both cyclists and drivers to follow the rules of the road.
If either party is found to be in violation, officers will issue warnings and fines.
The bicycle accident lawyers at Greg Monforton & Partners offer the following tips for drivers and cyclists:
- Always check your blind spots
- Never pass too closely to a cyclist
- Parking in bike lanes is prohibited
- Cyclists should always obey stop lights and posted signs
- Anyone on a bicycle should use bike lanes where applicable and drive on the street in the same direction as traffic
According to the Canadian Automobile Association, approximately 7,500 cyclists are injured every year; the majority of injuries and accidents occur during the afternoon rush hour.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by a careless driver, the lawyers at Greg Monforton & Partners can help injury victims obtain the justice they deserve. We understand how devastating these types of accidents can be and strongly believe that negligent drivers need to be held accountable for their actions.
Call us at 1-866-320-4770 or fill out the contact form on this page to get help with your personal injury claim.