The Brain Injury Association of Canada has noted that June is Brain Injury Awareness month. Several events have been planned across Canada including golf tournaments, 5ks, safety fun-fast days and more.
Earlier this year, Greg Monforton & Partners took part in the Brain Injury Association of Sarnia-Lambton (BIASL) Golf tournament. The event raised money for BIASL who also hosted a Safety Fun-Fest Dat on June 7.
Other events around Ontario include:
- The 9th annual 5k At the Bay
- Helmet on Kids 2014 Kick-Off Event
- The 21st Tim Horton Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
Many of these events are aimed at raising funds toward brain injury research and helping those whose lives have been changed due to a brain injury. Additionally, conference are also being held to discuss research and clinical practice in dealing with brain injuries.
Here are some eye-opening facts from the brain injury association.
- Approximately 1.5 million people in Canada are living with a brain injury
- Approximately 100,000 Canadians will experience a brain injury each year
- The majority of cyclists who die each year, die of brain injuries
- The annual cost of brain injuries is about $3 billion in Canada, with $1 billion in Ontario alone
The impact of a brain injury can be devastating for victims, their family members, friends and caregivers. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious brain injury during a car accident, fall or other type of accident, you could face large medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages and more.
At Greg Monforton & Partners, we understand how devastating a brain injury can be and we believe that if you were the victim of someone elses negligence you shouldn't have to pay for these damages. Contact our brain injury lawyers at 1-866-320-4770 to learn more about we can help you get the compensation you deserve.