Greg Monforton & Partners Sponsors WETRA Gala

Jewels and Jeans galaGreg Monforton & Partners was honoured to be lead sponsor of the Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association’s (WETRA) 12th Annual Jewels and Jeans Gala and Silent auction again this year.

Firm associate Mercedes Lavoy chaired the fundraiser and currently serves as the president of the nonprofit organization’s Board of Directors.

The event was held on Saturday, March 25 at the Ciociaro Club of Windsor and featured live entertainment by Winterline and was hosted by Jim Crichton.

One-hundred percent of proceeds raised from the event support WETRA’s work to improve the quality of life for persons with physical, mental and emotional challenges through equine-related therapy.

The organization, originally founded in 1973, was the first of its kind in Canada to offer equestrian-assisted therapy for individuals with special needs. Today, the organization serves 200 people every week, approximately 80 percent of whom are children with developmental, emotional or physical disabilities. The remaining 20 percent are adults with similar challenges.

Therapeutic riding is an alternative form of therapy that uses horses to assist those with disabilities in achieving their goals of improved physical, mental and cognitive health as well as improved behavioral, social and communication skills.

WETRA offers therapeutic riding sessions, life and vocational skills, and camps for children.

Greg Monforton & Partners congratulates Mercedes on a successful event! We are honoured to have a staff that shares in our firm’s commitment to the community and giving back to those in need.